First Home Buyer’s Grant
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is a Federal Government initiative to encourage home owners when building or purchasing their first home. The amount eligible first home buyers receive varies from state to state with some first home buyers eligible for grants up to $7000 (tax-free). Some lenders may allow you to use the grant to boost your home loan deposit.
Find Out More On The First Home Buyer’s Grant
First Home Owner’s Grant Eligibility Criteria
An expert mortgage broker will make sure you qualify for the FHOG and that your grant is paid on settlement. Consider the below eligibility criteria:
- You must occupy the home within 12 months of settlement or within 12 months of building completion if it’s a newly built home.
- The property you buy must be a new or established house, home unit or flat.
- You or your partner must not have purchased a house, home unit or flat in Australia before.
- You must apply for the grant within 12 months of settlement or building completion.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident buying or building your first home in Australia.
State-Based Grants and Concessions
On top of that there are also additional state concessions for first home buyers. In NSW we regularly hold free First Home Buyer seminars to help prepare you for your home buying journey.
Don’t miss out visit your state or territory page by clicking on the links below to find out what state-based first home buyer concessions are available to you: