Herald Sun Home Show Competition 2013
Attend an appointment with a Loan Market Broker and go in the draw to win a Sony 55 inch Smart LED LCD TV with a 12 month warranty, valued at over $1,000.
Terms and conditions
Conditions of Entry
1. The Promoter is Loan Market, (ABN: 83 105 221 967) of Level 17, 135 King Street Sydney NSW 2000.
2. The competition commences on Thursday 15 August 2013 at 9:00 (AEST) and concludes on Monday 31 September 2013 at 17:00 (AEST) (the “Promotional Period”).
3. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. The Promotion is a game of chance, and skill plays no part in determining the winners.
5. The Promotion is only open to eligible entrants, being individuals who:
- attend the Herald Sun Home Show (14-15th August, 2013); and
- are permanent residents of Victoria, Australia; and
- attend a loan appointment with a Loan Market broker over the course of the competition; and
- are over the age of 18; and are not
- employees or contractors of Loan Market
6. The competition will be advertised on Loan Market flyers at the Herald Sun Home Show.
7. To enter, participants must attend a loan appointment with a Loan Market broker during the promotional period. Entry is available for the initial appointment only. Multiple appointments do not entitle individuals to multiple entries into the competition.
8. Entry is limited to one entry per person during the promotional period.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
Selection of Winner
11. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period outlined in clause 5. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by Loan Market. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
12. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the Promotional Period and has attended an appointment with a Loan Market broker will be entered into the draw. There will be one (1) winner randomly selected electronically from all the valid entries. The draw will take place at Loan Market, Level 17, 40 City Road, Southbank, Victoria on 3 October 2013 at 10:00 (AEST). The winner will be notified by telephone within 10 working days of the draw.
13. The promoter shall conduct such further draws as may be deemed necessary for any unclaimed prizes at Loan Market, Level 17, 40 City Road, Southbank, Victoria on October 24 2013 at 10:00 (AEST). The winner will be notified by telephone within 10 working days of the draw.
14. If a particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
15. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”). The Prize winner will receive: a Sony 55 inch (139 cm ) Smart LED LCD TV with 12 month warranty, valued at $1,017
16. The total prize pool is valued at a maximum $1,017 AUD
17. All prize values are in Australian dollars based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including incidentals, shipping and transportation.
21. The prize must be taken by 20 December 2013.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition result.
23. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
24. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
25. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed and/or filmed.
26. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
27. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
28. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
29. The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
32. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
33. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
34. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. Loan Market and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
36. AUTOMATIC OPT-IN: By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. By entering competition you agree to become a member of loanmarket.com.au and subscribe to the free monthly newsletter. You can change your subscription and membership details at any time by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ or by return email.
37. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.