Expat Home Loans Australia

The Australian Government regulates foreign investment in Australia, including investment in property. As a general guideline, overseas buyers will usually be able to purchase properties which are:

  • Vacant residential land (to be built on within 2 years)
  • Off-the-plan houses and units
  • Under construction or newly constructed houses or units
  • Residences for company executives who will be living in Australia
  • Property for temporary residents living in Australia for at least 12 months (must be sold prior to leaving Australia)

Prior to entering into any purchase contract, as an overseas buyer you will need to obtain approval for purchase from the Foreign Investors Review Board.

Foreign investors may also be able to purchase commercial properties, under certain conditions. Your Loan Market mortgage broker will handle the finance process for you and liaise with your solicitor to maximise your investment return.

Book a Free Appointment Today

Subscribe to our newsletter

Your privacy is important to us! We will never sell or spam your email address.

—>Finance for your purchase will depend on your lending institution, but you may be required to use funds from an Australian lender. Generally, the range of home loans available will be the same as for Australian citizens, but you may find that you are required to have at least a 20 per cent deposit.

For further information about foreign investment regulations, visit the Foreign Investors Review Board.

More information on buying property from overseas visit our Home Loan Expats site